Bagni di Lucca became famous for its springs and its Casino
In the half of XVIII century, Lucca Repubblic, to fill its coffers, authorised the gambling inside the springs.
After, the gambling was reorganised and ruled by Elisa Baiocchi and in 1837 Carlo Lodovico the Duke opened a new gambling space “Il Casinò” which remained open until in 1953.
Architect Giuseppe Pardini designed it with the main front articulated with symmetric French windows and a central pronaos leaning against the facade with six ionic columns.
The interior was, and is still, characterised by mosaic floor rooms, refined frescos on the walls with frames and stuccos.
The most important rooms for its sizes and rich decorations, are the so-called "Dei Gigli", "Sala della Lira" (assigned to lady room in the original design), "Sala Pavone" (the game room), "Saletta" (assigned to the reading) and "Sala del Biliardo".
The still now prestigious building was restored during the first years of 2000 and was returned to the community after a brief disuse period which caused its decadence.
We managed the safety design and the authorising procedures to start it activities.