Lucca, piazza S. Romano
The Church of S. Romano is one of the historical and artistic buildings restructured and took back to its ancient splendor by the Superintendence of Pisa and by the support of Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca.
After its renovation, the building changed its use from place of worship to auditorium for concerts and congresses. It is equipped with avant-garde technological solutions and its capacity is 450 seats.
We took part in this important renovation work. The new area is now available for the community and represents a good way to promote Lucca and its culture.
We managed the thermal systems design and the authorizing procedures to open the auditorium with its capacity.
San Romano Monastery, and the attached Church with the same name, is located in San Romano square.
San Romano Monastery is the most ancient and important Dominican monastery in Lucca and it had an important role for the city.
The church was consecrated in 1281.
It was enlarged in the presbytery part and about in 1373 five chapels were made.
The façade is unfinished also because the entrance was moved to the left side where in the 15th century a porch was built.
The present internal structure is due to works made between 1661 and 1666.
It was deconsecrated and then it became an auditorium thanks to the Municipality of Lucca which started the renovation works and the authorization procedures to reopen it in 2002.