Valdottavo theatre was built in 1908 by a group of citizens who had made a fortune in America. That’s why it was named after Christopher Columbus, the Genoese navigator who discovered America the 12 October 1492.
Between 1920 and 1940 many plays took place in the theatre, and then it was used as a cinema and as a hall for carnival parties.
From the last twenty years of the twentieth century to 1997, the Theatre was closed for potential instability of the structures.
In 1997, Borgo a Mozzano Municipality purchased the theatre and undertook the renovation to meet regulatory requirements for operation.
We took part in the renovation works, conducting project management of the thermal and fire prevention systems and authorising procedures to reopen the theatre with a capacity of 130 seats.