Mont’alfonso Fortress, in Castelnuovo Garfagnana, is a superb restoration who gave a very important real estate back to the community.
Mont'Alfonso Fortress in Castelnuovo Garfagnana dates back to the XVI century and was conceived as the last Ferrara Dukedom defensive stronghold being on guard at Lucca border.
It remained a military Ferrara guard in XVI and XVII century but in the Napoleonic era it was acquired by Lucca and Piombino Principality.
In 1814 it was again under Ferrara property and it started having a first rate role in the civil life of Castelnuovo community.
The 900 century signed its passage to privates and the mid twentieth century signed its progressive structure deterioration worsened by a devastating earthquake in 1920.
In 1980 the building was bought by Lucca Province Municipality which promoted the restoration under the Superintendence control.
The Osteria was one of the restored and recuperated building. It’s a pool hall which helps all the complex restoration.
The chaste and simple Osteria guarantees a professional service and a gastronomy exalting the local products.
We managed the administrative procedures and the fire prevention.